Former clients of H. Moser & Cie include Russian princes and members of the Russian Imperial Court; Vladimir Lenin owned a Moser watch. After Moser died in 1874, the company was sold, and its business in Russia was expropriated in 1918 due to the October Revolution.
In 1953, H. Moser & Cie continued its business in Le Locle, Switzerland where it shifted its focus from pocket watches to wristwatches. Due to the quartz crisis, H. Moser & Cie became a part of the Dixi Mechanique Group and the original brand name was dropped. In 2002, Moser Schaffhausen AG was founded by Dr. Jürgen Lange together with Heinrich Moser’s great-grandson Roger Nicholas Balsiger, and the brand H. Moser & Cie was formally re-launched in 2005. Since 2012, Moser Schaffhausen AG has been a subsidiary of the MELB Holding Group of the Meylan family in Switzerland. (Source: Wikipedia)”